Dear Friends of the School,
This is a particularly happy day.
After almost two years of preparation, we are finally opening the first Italian international kindergarten in Hong Kong.
Let me remind you of a few points:
o Our project
– Is non-profit
– Has pure cultural & educational purposes
– Has been conceived to offer the best in early childhood education
o Our system
– Is based on the modern Italian pedagogical tradition (“the Reggio Children approach”)
– And it is aimed to respect and integrate the best cultural elements of Hong Kong, a truly international society
o Our team
Is composed of young and highly qualified teachers (most of them have a Master’s Degree) who are native speakers of Italian, English, Putonghua and Cantonese
o Our target teacher/pupil ratio is 1:9
In brief, our students will be exposed to an advanced pedagogical system, which blends different cultures and will be taught by professional and dedicated teachers:
We trust our children will expand their knowledge, become more open-minded, smarter and ready to master the transition to other educational systems without any difficulty.
I would like to express my gratitude for their help and support to:
– The Ambassador of Italy, Ettore Sequi
– The Consul General of Italy, Clemente Contestabile, and his Deputy, Giorgia Norfo
– Mrs. Mariassunta Peci, who has drawn the basic lines of the project
– Mrs. Claudia Giudici, President of Reggio Children
– Miss Giulia Ziggiotti, our Executive Director
– And to all the school team led by our principal Azalea Wong.
Last but not least, I would like to give special thanks to all the Hong Kong Authorities, particularly to the Education Bureau, who have paid special attention to our project!